- Treat your neck like you do your face... Cleanse, Hydrate, Use Serums & Vitamins, Moisturize, and Protect from sun (sunscreen & antioxidant vitamins). Approximately 80% of skin aging is attributed to UV-exposure.
- Get professional microcurrent treatments on a regular basis. Microcurrent is PROVEN SCIENCE, and will strengthen and help build muscle with regular use. Your professional can also recommend home-use devices which truly work.
- Get professional LED (Low level laser light therapy/biophoto-modulation) treatments on a regular basis. LED is another PROVEN SCIENCE which will help build up the collagen and other structural proteins in the tissue to firm the skin, smooth out tissue, and lighten dark spots. It's very healing, and can possibly elevate your mood. Skinplicity also offers professional/US devices for home use. More affordable through a professional and come with a 6 year warranty.
- Use Hyaluronic acid. HA works within the tissue not only to hold hydration, but improve its health. Hydrating ingredients make the skin more receptive to absorbing all the beneficial ingredients offered by a moisturizer. HA is not just a hydrator. It does dozens of different biological processes to keep skin healthier.
- Peptides. Unlike other topicals, Peptides only work within the live dermis, beneath the the surface layers (epidermis). They send messages to do something... correct, turn something on, turn something off, by using the power of amino acids which are the building blocks of protein.
- Vitamin C. Free-radicals (ROS) are DAMAGING and very AGING to our body. They can cause a cascade, or snowball-effect of damage the longer they are present. By using Vitamin C, it can STOP free radical damage, prevent it, make some healing corrections, FEED collagen, and brighten skin. My #1 skin product recommendation. Even better: Take it internally AND use it topically.
The Platysma is a very large muscle that starts around the sides of the mouth, goes under the jawline, and wraps around the neck like a shawl. Imagine if you used microcurrent to aid in the support of this muscle... and all the other supporting muscle and ligament structures of the face and neck. It can strengthen and slow-down muscle damage and atrophy.
These cords in the neck are called Scalenes, and are part of the supportive neck structure. The action of the anterior and middle scalene muscles is to elevate the first rib; flexes and laterally bends the neck to same side.The action of the posterior scalene is to elevate the second rib and tilt the neck to the same side. Microcurrent use may help with strengthening them.
NASA notices an increase in plant growth under a certain wavelength of light. They think: if plants, why not skin? NASA began experimenting with LEDs to speed the healing of wounds, because in zero-gravity situations wounds don’t quite heal as fast as they would otherwise. Test results were positive, and research developed into skin cancer treatment and cosmetic arenas. In other words: if it’s good enough for NASA, it’s good enough for us. LEDs can trigger natural intracellular reactions. Meaning your skin responds to the wavelengths—particularly red, in this case by building, strengthening, and maximizing cellular structure.
RED LED is known as the Anti-Aging Wavelength.
LED phototherapy is an effective approach for skin rejuvenation. Light-emitting diode (LED) therapy is an increasingly popular methodology for the treatment of sun damage. Clinical studies prove it: Combination use of light wavelengths reported to stimulate collagen synthesis and accelerate fibroblast-myofibroblast (new cell) transformation. More than 90% of individuals showed a reduction in wrinkle depth and surface roughness, and, via a blinded clinical assessment, 87% experience a reduction in the Fitzpatrick wrinkling severity score after 12 LED treatments.
When LED is performed in spa, the professional panels wraps around your entire face, and part of your neck, providing intense coverage. Home units are handheld, and you can conveniently treat different areas.
Don't forget, Skinplicity offers DIFFERENT LED therapies. Not only RED for anti-aging, but LED for Acne, and LED for healing/arthritis, and joint pain.
LED: PROVEN. SAFE. EFFECTIVE. ECONOMICAL.