Physical, mental, and emotional issues can effect the skin. Holistic practitioners are trained in acknowledging the connection between the physical, emotional and sometimes the spiritual parts of each person. We take into account lifestyle, social influences and environmental factors that impact your skin, based on everyday life, and overall health.
2. We seek out the root cause of many skin conditions.
Clients are fed up with being treated symptomatically, while the root cause of their skin conditions remains untouched. Integrative providers support the client and investigate every aspect of their life that may be negatively impacting their skin's health. We dig to find the source of the skin condition & related issues to create a treatment plan that treats the root causes.
3. We help our clients save money by educating them on what particular actives in products do to improve skin health; and how not to be swayed by mass media & marketing. Most OTC products do not contain the levels of true active ingredients to make true changes in the skin. We also educate you on why some ingredients should be avoided for the sake of your physical health & well-being.
By teaching you proper home-care and wellness practices; Text Link we help promote skin health, while preventing or off-setting issues that may further damage your skin, or unnecessarily aggravate skin problems.
4. We listen & want to to help you with your skincare concerns.
In the integrative approach to healthy skin, the client is a full participant in the discovery and coordination of their treatment plan. We aim to personalize skincare to create optimal healthy improvements; while working with you to create customized skincare strategies that meet the your unique lifestyle needs and challenges. There are no one-size fits all solutions. The is why Skinplicity customizes all their skincare treatments, and homecare protocols.
5. We use the knowledge and skills of our colleagues in addition to our own.
We often work in collaborative care teams. We know that one provider alone only has so much knowledge and often, we are looking at a skin issue through the lens of our scope of practice. We employ the help and healing practices of our fellow integrative providers so you can benefit from multiple perspectives, healing modalities and have several options for treatment.
6. We provide options beyond drugs, and aggressive, sometimes - damaging treatments to manage your skin-related issues from a holistic, natural, safe viewpoint.
Conventional treatments sometimes are addressed by writing a prescription or two, and sending you on your way... having no idea what is going on with your skin; or, even what the prescription is. Many clients are tired of a band-aid approach, and want to understand what is causing their concerns. For the clients that want complimentary or replacement treatments, integrative providers can provide options. Instead of treating the acute issue or intervening when needed, we seek to optimize health of the skin in all stages of life.
7. We practice what we preach.
We know that to be the best healer for our clients, we ourselves must believe-in and do the same for our own skin health. Self-care is a large part in maintaining healthy skin. Without compliance, you may not achieve the results you desire.
8. Holistic skincare providers offer alternatives.
Many clients come to us when they have tried traditional approaches to skin health, leaving them frustrated, confused, and maybe worse-off than when they started. We show our clients that healthy skin can be achieved in many forms and that each person can have a unique response to different methods.